Can you believe it? The new year has finally arrived! I feel it in my gut, 2016 will be a great year! (maybe because I’ve gained 10lbs in just 2 months & my gut got a little bigger but we will get to that later)
Ok, I’m not one to make a resolution but I do have some big things I’m ready to commit to in 2016… and maybe I did make a list of a few things I would like to work on too.
1) Compete in BOTH an NPC and WBFF show this year. If you followed along in some of my previous posts, you might know that I trained for my first NPC show in November but came up short due to an injury. I WILL NOT LET THAT HAPPEN AGAIN! So here is the tentative plan (dates and shows are subject to changes due to financial circumstances)…
- June 11: Chattanooga Battle at the River (NPC)
- July 23: WFBB Tampa Bay, FL
- Possible 3rd show in fall (TBD)
2) I commit to weigh my food and log it all in MyFitnessPal. Of course things happen and I realize I may not complete this 100% but at least working toward 6 days a week is my goal. When you log each day and see what you eat, it is easier to reach you goal and stick to your plan. That 400+ calorie Wendy’s Frosty might just have to wait for a special day. (ugh)
3) Workouts will be on point! Following the plan designed by my coach, Theresa (BikiniBossChicks), I will resist temptation to skip. I have two days for that, 5 days a week is totally manageable!
4) Not fitness or health related…. but just one for fun… WEAR MORE LIPSTICK! I don’t wear makeup every day but there is something about a great new lipstick and mascara.
Ok so that is it! I’m so excited to get this year started off with a bang and see where life takes me.
What are your New Year’s “Resolutions”?