Here is to another week of work, health, and getting our lives into focus! As I have recently suffered a low back injury (of course 5 days before my first NPC Figure show in Nashville, which of course leaving me devastated I didn’t get to compete. But that is for another post)…. I thought that this week would be perfect for a core exercise workout. Core strength is so important in keeping our bodies healthy and strong. For some of you new to fitness, your core is not just your front abdominal muscles. Your core includes all muscles within the “middle” of your body that help support all limbs and it’s the point where all movement starts; including glutes, hamstrings, quads, low back, abdominal muscles like obliques, rectus, and the forgotten transverse muscles. There are of course more but these are the main ones that most everyone can relate to.
So today, let’s set a workout that you can do each day this week to build both strength and endurance!
- 50 Jumping Jacks/ 50 Ski Jumps (hop over a line & back = 1 jump)
- 40 sec Forearm Plank (on your knees if you have pressure in shoulders)
- 30 Laying Flutter Kicks (head rested on floor and arms by your side, legs at 45 deg)
- 20 Bicycle Crunch (twist R & L = 1 crunch)
- 10 V-Sit (hands behind you sitting upright, push legs out and in = 1 crunch)
Start by adding in one set and build your way up throughout the week. See how many you can get to in 15min!
Try it out and tell us what you think!!
**Don’t forget to follow my new Instagram and Pinterest pages where you can like and save the workouts for later use! DeeVineFitness