The countdown continues to my competition and Sunday is always the day to take care of business: grocery shopping and weekly food prep! Planning all your meals in advance can be challenging. Ask me two years ago I would have said I wouldn’t touch a “left-over” meal, but today that is how I keep to my clean-eating lifestyle. Sunday food prep is a must and I have found cleaver ways to mix it up with my limited menu options.
Breakfast 1: (cooked after my workout)
2 eggs, tomato, grass-fed cheese, spinach, and onion mix
– Mix all together and heat in microwave! Simple as that
Meal 1: (makes roughly 4 servings)
5 oz Chicken Breast w/ Broccoli Slaw, Mushrooms & onion mix
– Cut up chicken into bite size pieces, cook with 1 tbsp of coconut oil, add seasonings to taste
– Set aside and cook onions, mushrooms until soft in 1/2tbs coconut oil. Add broccoli slaw
– So easy it takes me less than 20min!
Meal 2: (makes roughly 3 servings)
6 oz Ground Turkey w/ Broccoli, Snap Peas, Mushrooms and Salsa
– Cooked turkey in 1 tbsp of olive oil, added some simple seasonings for flavor
– Set aside and cook veggies on skillet in 1 tbsp olive oil
– Add 2 tbsp of salsa and ENJOY!
Remaining 2-3 meals each day I usually repeat the food I already prepped (meal 1 & 2) or cook up something simple like fish and more veggies. Evening snack will include Protein shake and almonds.
There you have it! Simple cooking 11 weeks out from contest. Hope to continue to see changes this week as I am going to ramp up my daily cardio and continue to lift heavy each morning.